[sword-devel] Making Import Easier

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Apr 6 20:22:06 MST 2009

Matthew Talbert wrote:
> Folks, I don't appreciate this. I never intended to imply that
> Jonathon's patches wouldn't be welcome. I was simply quoting what I
> assumed to be CrossWire policy. "Making a high barrier of entry" is
> mentioned quite a few times. Could someone please explain why this
> isn't CrossWire policy? Or why people are saying it if it isn'?

 From my perspective, it is not CrossWire's policy. I have spent quite a
bit of time documenting the conf, OSIS and osis2mod. All on the wiki. I
want to make it easier to create modules.

WRT tei2mod, I wrote it. Chris enhanced it. It is a rather braindead
program, looking for start and end of entries. One thing that it does,
it recommends conf entries based on the module it creates. I plan to
change osis2mod to do this later.

The suggestion to have the "main" be separated from the code is a good one.

If someone would like to step up to it, we want to have a web based
module creation facility.
Fill out a form, submit an OSIS or TEI file and get a module back.
Any takers?

In Him,
    DM