[sword-devel] Dictionary ordering

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Sep 18 06:45:22 MST 2008

Quoting Eeli Kaikkonen <eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi>:

> Take the
> Liddell-Scott for example. I don't know if there even exists a locale
> for that which could give correct results. With these kind of works
> it's not only about practicality but also faithfulness to the
> original. Many who will use the LS module have already used the
> original and want the same order. Currently it's very difficult to
> find some words with BibleCS.

I can't add much to the technical discussion but I remembered another
point with LSJ. It uses lonely "hence" at the end of some entries,
referring to the next entry. Maybe some other similar references to
the previous or next entry. It means that changing the order may
delete some of the original information, or even worse, make it false.

--Eeli Kaikkonen