[sword-devel] Dictionary ordering

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Sep 17 07:15:56 MST 2008

Quoting DM Smith <dmsmith555 at yahoo.com>:

> Found an interesting thread on ordering dictionary entries. Currently
> we use byte ordering for the key which results in UTF-8 or Latin-1
> (cp1252) code point ordering.

There has been some discussion about this. IIRC the general opinion
was that the original work has the right order and it should be
respected or at least it should be possible to follow it. Take the
Liddell-Scott for example. I don't know if there even exists a locale
for that which could give correct results. With these kind of works
it's not only about practicality but also faithfulness to the
original. Many who will use the LS module have already used the
original and want the same order. Currently it's very difficult to
find some words with BibleCS.

The thread was about BibleCS bugs, again IIRC.

--Eeli Kaikkonen