[sword-devel] ESV module tidying

'Mash mashdot at toshine.net
Thu Oct 30 10:26:59 MST 2008

On 2008-10-30 12:30-0400, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> "'Mash" <mashdot at toshine.net> writes:
> > I have been using the ESV module for some time now, mainly though
> > "diatheke" on the CLI and was wondering if it is possible to help with
> > the correcting of typographical errors and general tidying. By this I
> > mean the spacing of words, punctuation spaces and misplaced line
> > breaks.
> > For an example which I noticed today you can look at Isaiah 1:11-14.
> > "Isaiah 1:12:
> > When you come to appear before me,who has required of youthis trampling of my courts?"
>
> What version of Sword utilities do you have?
>
> I am running 1.5.11, and I do not get a single-line output from Is1:12:
>
> [1515] [12:28 PM] styx:~> diatheke -b ESV -k is1:12
> Isaiah 1:12:
> When you come to appear before me,
> who has required of you
> this trampling of my courts?
>
> (ESV)

Diatheke command-line SWORD frontend Version 4.2.1"

mash at grace:~$ diatheke -b ESV -k is1:12
Isaiah 1:12:
When you come to appear before me,who has required of youthis trampling of my courts?
(ESV)

I am using the Debian package
diatheke   1.5.9-8.1  CGI script for making bible website

All output is single lines except the problem passages with line breaks as above.
verse: text
verse: text
verse: text

I really do hope this is not going to change on newer releases, single line output I feel is the best way.

Also just a side note, I am hoping that in future releases one could have the possibility of suppressing the verse references altogether and just output a continuous line. Say with just the initial lookup reference starting the line. "is1:12-14: blah blah blah..."