[sword-devel] Ideal SWORD Front-end? (cross-platform)

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 08:22:49 MST 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 1:20 AM, Matthew Talbert <ransom1982 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, would you still be developing in Python with xul?

Certainly.  We would still need to access Sword, and I personally have
no desire to write an XPCOM wrapper for it or use js-ctypes.  It would
also be nice to keep as much as we can of the current backend code.
We would be looking at using PyXPCOM primarily, which would make XUL
more of another Python UI toolkit than anything else.

It is possible that some things would move to Javascript, but it is
entirely unclear at this stage what (if anything) would warrant that.
Remember of course that this is not a firm decision to change, but
just a direction we think worth considering carefully (though probably
after the 0.4 release).

Jon