[sword-devel] Ideal SWORD Front-end? (cross-platform)

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 05:33:41 MST 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Nathan Youngman <junkmail at nathany.com> wrote:
> Yes, it's not such a big thing to have two front-ends on a BitTorrent
> client.
>
> BPBible is made with wxPython... but there is only a Windows download,
> not sure if Ben Morgan is planning to support other OSes.

BPBible is partially developed using wxGTK on Linux (though there are
no binaries as yet), and works.

Recently it has been tested with Mac OS X, and mostly works.  There
are a few wx things that don't work, and it doesn't really look like a
native Mac application.  The subversion copy can certainly be built
under both Linux and Mac OS X with the appropriate libraries.

> Qt certainly sounds good on paper, and if the likes of Skype and Opera
> are made with it, then a lot is possible.
> Calibre is an app made with PyQt that isn't incredibly well done on
> Mac... though at least the toolbar collapses.

I think all cross platform style things struggle a little on the Mac.

Jon