[sword-devel] The Sword Project on OpenSolaris

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 05:48:04 MST 2008

On Oct 5, 2008, at 7:00 PM, jonathon wrote:

>> As an aside to the original poster - why are you interested in non-
>> Java clients, when Java is the main thrust behind the Solaris
>> desktop?
>
> I've come to prefer the original Unix philosophy.

I'm curious as to what "the original Unix philosophy" is to you?

I've been doing Unix since 1987, and don't understand your comment.
Isn't it to "Do one thing and do it well"? As I recall, it was all
about pipes and filters: Focused simple programs read standard input
and wrote to standard output and could be chained together with pipes.
Back then, it was not about GUI applications. It was all about the
command line.

None of our desktop Bible programs subscribe to that.

In Him,
	DM