[sword-devel] iPhone NDA dropped

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at web.de
Wed Oct 1 22:26:43 MST 2008

Am 01.10.2008 um 21:17 schrieb Greg Hellings:

> Manfred (and Chris),
>
> On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Manfred Bergmann <bergmannmd at web.de>
> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Good news for anyone wanting to start something native on the iPhone:
> http://developer.apple.com/iphone/program/
>
> I already have the SWORD library building against the iPhone SDK in
> XCode (the command-line building process simply doesn't work).  I
> can't get Eloquent to build for iPhone because of a few missing
> Cocoa-based headers which the iPhone system doesn't have.  I suppose
> the next step is to go back to the drawing board and learn Objective-
> C and the iPhone SDK's basic classes.

Yes, that may be.
Which sources of Eloquent have you tried compiling? This project is
rather old and you might want to use other backend sources.

I don't have an iPhone SDK installed but I would help porting the
backend if needed.

> I have a general GUI layout in mind, so hopefully things will go
> quickly once I get the hang of the RAD tools that XCode uses, etc.
> They look like they should be rather simple, I just have never used
> any type of RAD/GUI designing tools other than manual placement and
> coding of interfaces.

Interface Builder is a really nice tool. Cocoa has the best
implementation of MVC I have seen so far. Interface Builder really
only creates the GUI and then you switch over to Xcode and do the
Controller part.
It is different compared to other language platforms but I like it.

Regards,
Manfred