[sword-devel] Small problem with section headers in an OSIS module

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sun Nov 30 02:28:31 MST 2008

Daniel Owens wrote:

> Chris Little wrote:
>> However, in Matt.1, there are two titles on Matt.1.18, which is
>> confusing something (probably the importer). It's resulting in rendering of:
>> (Lu 2:1-7)
>> 18
>> Câu Chuyện Giáng Sinh Của Chúa Cứu Thế Giê-su
>>   Sự giáng sinh của Chúa Cứu Thế Giê-su đã xảy ra như sau: ....
>>
>> Here, we would expect, instead, to see the third line (the section
>> title) first, followed by the first line (the parallel section) on its
>> own line, followed by lines 2 and 4 together on a third line.
>
> Yes, I noticed this problem. All parallel passages in the Gospels
> display improperly. Any ideas for a solution (on the encoding side), or
> is this just an OSIS support issue?

I don't have anything to recommend. It's an importer issue, as far as
I'm concerned. You could try placing the parallel passage <title>
/within/ the section heading <title>. They are meant to allow nesting
like this, and it might trick the importer doing things correctly (but
that's just conjecture).

--Chris