[sword-devel] cease and desist

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Nov 29 03:17:56 MST 2008

Dear Eeli,

I value you and many others on this list as personal friends.  I will
not allow personal malignment the likes we've seen here, from all
parties involved, over the past few days, to continue on this list.  If
you have a specific issue about a particular area I have covered, please
comment on the appropriate thread.  If it is anything I have missed,
short of judgement of personal characters, please send me a private
email and I will attempt to publicly comment on the issue.

Having read all material for these threads, it is apparent that emotions
have governed many responses with a disregard for solving any particular
problem.  There were problems of misunderstanding and policy
disagreements.  There are problems like these still and some actual
technical problems to be solved.  These will not be used as an
opportunity to express discontent with personal performances and
attitudes.  We don't all have to like eachother, and we don't all have
to make eachother who we feel Christ wants them to be.  We are all
passionate about different areas.  We have to learn to work together
with others like-minded, and encourage those not-like-minded in their work.

Chris knows I think he's often too abrasive.  Karl is less often more
abrasive.  DM and I have fought over methodologies of development for
years.  We don't hate eachother; we just disagree.  It's not going to be
a perfect community because we are all saturated with sin.  Someday we
won't be, but not short of Christ's return.

I sincerely believe the policy statements I've articulated are truly the
best for everyone and this project.  I've tried to listen to all
concerns.  I believe we've done the best we can to balance maintaining
high standards at CrossWire and to still encourage others to hosts
content themselves.  Please understand I truly mean this.  I am SO
APPRECIATIVE of Karl's alternative repository because it gets content
out fast and lets me say in my mind, "if someone complains that it
doesn't work on XXX platform, I can always say, 'well, talk to Karl!'"
And I'm serious about that; I really love that situation!  I get the
best of both worlds!  I'm excited for other repositories to pop up.

Eeli, please know I value the feedback, but I don't appreciate the
malicious empty abuse that has plagued this list for the past few days.

	-Troy.