[sword-devel] tei proposal

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri Nov 28 00:53:41 MST 2008

Mark Trompell wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Chris Little wrote:
>
>> I have no opinion on where to host it. I'm sure Troy would be fine with
>> putting it in sword-tools/modules, which is where we've done this
>> historically. A greater issue might be having to dole out tons of SVN
>> accounts.
>
> You probably don't need that many svn accounts. Just let people
> checkout anonymously, make changes, do svn diff and send patches to a
> mailinglist. Then someone responsible for that module can review and
> commit it.
> Or use some distributed version control like mercurial (git isn't a
> good choise for those working on windows).

I was thinking about putting this text into SVN a bit more earlier
today. I somehow have a feeling that anonymous checkouts and patch
submissions wouldn't work within the goals that were stated.

Given that it's probably not a great idea to hand out tons of SVN
accounts on crosswire.org, maybe whoever takes the lead on this project
ought to establish a google code project and use their version control
system. That way, they can hand out as many accounts as they like to
whomever they like.

--Chris