[sword-devel] Taming Wild Threads (was: Getting stuff done (Re: External links))

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Thu Nov 27 10:23:14 MST 2008

Hi Chris,

> Your list of suggested additions to modules at crosswire.org, with due
> respect, consists of persons who are technically unqualified or, because
> they do not subscribe to CrossWire policies on these matters,
> ideologically unqualified to be part of that process. I don't mean to
> insult or ruffle any feathers by that, but that's how things are, and I
> think your own words pretty much support that position.

Ah, the "rebel" allegiation. I've heard that one before...

> If you do not believe that Bibles, as well as associated content,
> deserve the utmost care and the devotion of as much time as is necessary
> to do right by them, then I do not believe you have any business working
> with them, for it suggests an inadequate respect for the Bible itself.

That's indeed the big dogmatic bat. Are you sure that your interpretation of
being faithful to Scripture is the right one?

You argument from a position of such great strength that I wonder if you lead
a project with many diligent and dedicated volunteers so that you don't need
(or even want) help from others.

Your arguments contradict Crosswire's stated goals (as cited today) and make
me personally really sad.

More people will decide to work (primarily) in other areas, just like I did.

mg