[sword-devel] Taming Wild Threads (was: Getting stuff done (Re: External links))

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 09:56:38 MST 2008

> By the way, I don't understand how knowing OSIS is of any help to
> front-e
nd developers? If I understand correctly, a front-end requests
> the SWORD engine to hand it HTML or RTF or the like and displays that
> as is.

because we've been told repeatedly in this thread that the engine
fully supports refs, only to finally have the admission the the html
filter does the wrong thing with them. And then we were told to
implement our own filters. This was and still is the reason Gnomesword
allows using sword:// for these references in thml because the osis
support is incomplete. This has been known for some time, yet it is
always recommended to people to use the osisref without being entirely
clear that it is not supported by the front ends or the engine at
present.

Matthew