[sword-devel] Getting stuff done (Re: External links)

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 15:40:48 MST 2008

> The issue is you're too lazy to even run tidy on your HTML.

This is really going way too far.

> take you 10 seconds to run and would give you nice valid XHTML as a
> basis to work from. As it is, you have elements like <br> lying about,
> which are not valid within ThML and will cause problems for any frontend
> that actually expects you to give it ThML when you say you're giving it
> ThML (Bible Desktop should be an example of this).
>
> So all of your whining really amounts to saying: "I don't care about
> anyone who doesn't use GnomeSword, because GnomeSword renders all of
> your bad ThML as if it were HTML and it just 'works'." That's fine. But
> realize that Sword supports a wider community than GnomeSword users and
> developers.

Karl has specifically said he has nothing against OSIS, but he's using
thml because it allows him to do things that currently aren't
supported in OSIS (specifically, cross/internal references aren't
correct in the filter). How could you possibly interpret this as not
caring about anyone but Gnomesword? If anyone actually cared about
using this style of references outside of Gnomesword, wouldn't there
be a. modules that use it and b. filter support?