[sword-devel] Mac linking bug? Autotools bug?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 23:59:06 MST 2008

I'm building the current SVN on my Mac and have the following issue -
autogen.sh does not find libtoolize, but the autogen.sh script
continues anyway, generating a configure script, but no Makefile.in
because of missing ltmain.sh.  Now, with Macports intsalled, I have
glibtoolize in my path, which I just linked to libtoolize, and
everything seems to be churning along just fine.  Perhaps, though,
autogen.sh should error out as soon as it fails to find libtoolize.
Also, since many systems which have built-in BSD tools and also the
possibility of added GNU tools of the same name (Mac OS X and Solaris
come to mind first) will use the convention of prepending the letter
'g' to the GNU version of the tools, perhaps the autogen.sh should
look for both libtoolize and glibtoolize?

Also, after building the library, I get the following lovely message:
sword-svn-build hellings1$ utilities/diatheke/diatheke
dyld: Symbol not found:
__ZN5sword10InstallMgr32refreshRemoteSourceConfigurationEv
  Referenced from:
/Users/hellings1/Documents/build/sword-svn-build/lib/.libs/libsword-1.5.11.dylib
  Expected in: flat namespace

Trace/BPT trap

Am I the only one, and does this seem relegated to OS X?

--Greg