[sword-devel] Getting stuff done (Re: External links)

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Tue Nov 25 12:46:15 MST 2008

Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> writes:
> And what's worse, there exists a standard reference system for
> Josephus, that we would probably want to use for linking to it...
> Ultimately, you would want to encode a link to the above reference as
> <reference osisRef="Josephus:Ant.1.8.2">some text</reference>.
> Linking with that would require remaking the module with keys like
> /Ant/1/8/2.

mod2imp Josephus |
sed -e '/\$\$\$/s;/Book ;/;' \
    -e '/\$\$\$/s;/Chapter ;/;' \
    -e '/\$\$\$/s;/Section ;/;' \
    -e '/\$\$\$/s;/The Life of Flavius Josephus;/Life;' \
    -e '/\$\$\$/s;/The Antiquities of the Jews;/Ant;' \
    -e '/\$\$\$/s;/Against Apion;/Ag.Ap.;' \
    -e '/\$\$\$/s;/The War of the Jews;/War;' \
    -e '/\$\$\$/s;/An Extract out of Josephus'"'"'s Discourse to the Greeks Concerning Hades;/Hades;' \
    > josephus.imp
imp2gbs josephus.imp

Embellish to taste, update .conf, and re-issue the module.

Problem solved.  Delta-T: 10 minutes.

> And, again, the above syntax would not work within an osisRef attribute.

All you do is to convince me, again and again, not to generate OSIS.

I absolutely do not care if it wouldn't pass muster "within an osisRef
attribute."  It passes muster NOW in ThML TODAY, because what I generate
gets USED by people who wanted it YESTERDAY.

ThML, to me, is about Getting Stuff Done, and using tools that
facilitate Getting Stuff Done, as opposed to wanking over whether I've
accommodated the Syntax Purity Demigods.