[sword-devel] Chapter-centric browsing (was: iPhone frontend alpha screenshots)

Sebastien Koechlin seb.sword at koocotte.org
Tue Nov 25 05:35:02 MST 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 12:50:38PM -0500, Ian Wagner wrote:
> Have any of you used the Libronix Digital Library System (previously
> known as Logos bible software)? They actually load up the ENTIRE book
> (whether it be a bible or commentary or whatnot) so you have a
> scrollbar indicator about as thick as a credit card :) Just thought
> I'd throw that out there. I'll have to think about this idea some more.

Ok, having a scrollbar slider as thick as a credit card is a mistake. And loading
a full book is not necessary the right solution; but you can cheat:

- Use a scrollbar relative to full book size, with a decent slider size.
- Get and display just enough text according to display size; and probably
  get a few pages up and down to allow faster scroll.

--
Sébastien Koechlin