[sword-devel] Chapter-centric browsing (was: iPhone frontend alpha screenshots)

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue Nov 25 00:18:03 MST 2008

Quoting Jonathan Morgan <jonmmorgan at gmail.com>:

> I'll add another con - the poor user has no consistent mental model.
> They can have no way to guess why one time they get 3:1 - 4:2 one
> time, and 2:5 - 4:27 another time.  This could be especially
> problematic if their module has a paragraph structure that is
> different and is broken in some cases.

Not quite so - I meant this for chapter based queries. There's no
situation where user would get sometimes 3:1-4:2 and sometimes
2:5-4:27. If he asks for ch.3 he gets (for example) 3:1-4:2 every
time. It's up to the frontend to provide it in a way which shows the
ch.3 clearly. It just has extra context so that when a chapter
boundary breaks a possible passage the user doesn't have to click back
and forth when reading that passage. It's not very different from
showing 3 chapters at the time instead of one (which, in turn, might
be the easiest solution).

--Eeli Kaikkonen