[sword-devel] Gnomesword on Windows

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 06:05:00 MST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 7:25 AM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
> Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>> Matthew Talbert wrote:
>
>>> I do not get this in linux. It looks exactly like the windows
>>> screenshot for me. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?
>>
>> More right that wrong, given that we had no Gnomesword on windows until
>> 5 hours ago. But given that plenty of words are also missing, I am
>> wondering whether something is gone wrong.
>>
>> I will upload somewhere a Ubuntu screenshot for how it is looking here.
>
> http://www.crosswire.org/~refdoc/private/Screenshot-Persian%20Holy%20Bible%20(Tarjumeh-ye%20Ghadeem)%20-%20GnomeSword.png

This picture shows all scripture references in the standard locale
(e.g. FarsiOPV: Romans 1:1, Romans 1:1, Romans).  Is this what you
would expect in a normal Sword application?  I know that BPBible now
uses an alternate language locale with Sword where possible, so that
references are entered in displayed in the target language (this has
caused some interesting problems with storing and loading references
and working with them internally that I need not bother you with, but
it seems to be the right way to go).

Jon