[sword-devel] Gnomesword on Windows

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Nov 20 09:16:46 MST 2008

Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> "Matthew Talbert" <ransom1982 at gmail.com> writes:
>> How's this?
>
> Lovely.

Not correct unfortunately.

The translated texts (fewer than I remmeber I had done, but that is a
separate matter) are displayed correctly, but the overall orientation of
the programme is wrong - everything should re-order itself right to
left, which was what stunned us all on Gnomesword when we tried it first.

But I wonder whether the issue is that there are two bits of settings -
locale and language -

from a post by Domcox ages ago:

> On Ubuntu:
> generate Persian locales (System->Administration->Language support)
> then
> $ export LC_ALL=fa_IR
> $ export LANGUAGE=fa_IR
> $ gnomesword2
> $

Both settings were required in teh past jointly, though now funnily
enough one alone does the trick on Ubuntu.

Peter