[sword-devel] Personal commentary -- internal scripture xrefs

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Wed Nov 12 18:49:04 MST 2008

"Ben Morgan" <benpmorgan at gmail.com> writes:
> Surely personal commentaries can be created in code - rather than
> sending the user off to download them?

No doubt.  But I didn't know it at the time.

> Also, I presume GS doesn't allow user created dictionaries?

Directly, the mechanism provides only for genbooks.  Converting a
genbook to something else would require at this time an effort external
to GnomeSword via scripting the conversion and editing the .conf.

> Just out of interest, do journals/prayer lists have any "extra"
> functionality - like reminders, dates, etc. or are they just plain genbooks?

Just genbooks.  But now that we've got that kind of user-editable
content, such hooked mechanisms become possible as the next stage of
development.