[sword-devel] CrossWire website / wiki

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Tue Nov 11 09:19:00 MST 2008

Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> writes:
>> Further we have lots of stale parts of the site - jira is one of them.
>> many of the bugs posted are 2 or 3 years old (or older).
>
> It's policy for GnomeSword that the bug list in SF's tracker is
> completely cleared before the next release is made.

As said before it appears some projects listed in Jira are actually dead
(QPSword), others appear to use the bug tracker only half heartedly.

Neither is wrong as such, but I guess it would look a lot more alive if
things were cleaned up (or properly buried). We certainly should not
accept bug reports for applications no one is working on anymore.

On a separate but connected thread - dead applications like QPSword and
Dagger rely on ancient versions of the library. I presume they would not
compile without some coaxing on the newest. In consequence a lot of the
modules we currently have in the repos would not work either as they
rely on higher featured libraries.

Should we not - in order to give things a decent burial - take the lot
to the side, create some kind of archive for old applications (source
and binaries) and put a bunch of modules in there too which are capable
of running on those old applications? Then we can truly forget about
them and at the same  anyone who digs out an old Zaurus will not feel
abandoned.

Peter