[sword-devel] NASB module

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 18:51:43 MST 2008

Troy,
This mostly falls on me to make the change. I am preparing for my
daughter's wedding on Nov 22 and have house guests for the entire week
following. Once that passes, I'll have lots of time to devote to
making final changes to the NASB module.

The bigger issue to getting the NASB out, are the NAS Greek and Hebrew
lexicons. These have been provided to a select few for testing. These
are TEI modules and seem to work just fine in BibleCS and
BibleDesktop. In BibleCS they are quite plain because the filter is
rather plain (i.e. it handles very few tags). My guess is that it
works in a similar fashion in GnomeSword, MacSword and BibleTime.

As to the paragraph marker, OSIS explains that <milestone> is used to
record information in the printed document (as well as a few other
discreet usages). AFAIR, the engine does not recognize the suggested
form of milestone. But I could be mistaken. I'd really rather use
something that is currently supported so that we don't have to wait
for another release of the SWORD engine and the front-ends.

As to the <divineName> issue, there are two possible ways to mix it
with <w>:
1) As in the KJV <w><seg><divineName>Lord</divineName></seg></w>
(Yes, w should change in the OSIS spec to include divineName!)
2) As in the NASB <divineName><w>Lord</w></divineName>

I'll have to search my memory as to why I did NASB differently. It was
deliberate, solving a different scenario, but I don't remember exactly
what.

In Him,
	DM