[sword-devel] [OT] just join, testing only

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 03:03:41 MST 2008

> The main pages (www.crosswire.org and www.crosswire.org/sword) are where
> most user-oriented material should go, including blurbs about & links to
> software using Sword. It's inconsistent to have half of the software
> links on the main page linking within the Wiki and half linking to
> off-site main pages.
>
> Using the Wiki to perform collaborative document editing, as with the
> FAQ or the Eee guide, is great. But the Wiki isn't the main CrossWire
> page, nor its public face.
>
> --Chris

Then it appears that the wiki is responding to a need in the community
to allow more people to edit this content, as the content in the pages
you mention is in some cases extremely out of date. For example, there
is a link to BibleStudy which had active development 3 years ago, and
the current page it links to is talking about mexican fajita recipes.
There obviously exist active contributors who are willing to update
this content, or the wiki wouldn't have it. I can only hope that they
will have access to the main pages as well, if that is where it is
supposed to be.

Matthew