[sword-devel] Poetry and indented lines

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 01:50:24 MST 2008

I've been improving the layout of poetry in BPBible. Many Bibles have poetry
with two levels of lines, with one level more indented than others. (If you
don't know what I'm getting at, look at the attached screenshot from
BPBible)

When I first implemented this, I did it for the ESV.
The ESV marks this second (indented) level as l type="x-indent", and doesn't
mark the first at all.
It also has type="x-declares" for "Declares the Lord" type lines which are
indented even further.

Then I looked at the WEB. It does it differently.
It has l type="x-primary" for the unindented level and l type="x-secondary"
for the indented level.

Are there any other ways used to mark these lines?
Is there a standard way to mark these in OSIS? If not, I think there should
be as it is quite a common practice.

God Bless,
Ben
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.
Philippians 4:23 (ESV)