[sword-devel] http://karl.kleinpaste.org/sword/scripts/ do not work with arabic life application bible

jonathon jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Sat May 31 19:37:37 MST 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 3:16 PM, John H. wrote:

> I wouldn't?  Are you aware of some other procedure by which I might get a sword module other than scraping?

a)  The resource installation tool that is part of the CrossSword
Project front ends can install resources;

b) Creating your own original material;

> inform me that he thought I may be breaking the law and that he

> Technically, that is a copyright infringement.
>
> Please, again, point me to the state or federal(as this is copyright)
> statute that you are relying on for this.  What we seem to have here is

USC Title 17 section 107 list the criteria used to determine if "fair
use" apply:
* Purpose;
* Nature;
* Amount;
* Effect;

A single verse can be enough to exceed that which is an acceptable amount.

> I would also be quite interested in how crosswire might incur any liability for what I proposed to do.  Please reference the statute in your response.

Conspiracy to commit copyright infringement would be the simplest to
ensure convictions of everybody associated with the project.

xan

jonathon