[sword-devel] World English Bible typos?

Sebastien Koechlin seb.sword at koocotte.org
Mon Mar 24 01:40:03 MST 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 08:53:41AM +0200, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Kahunapule Michael Johnson wrote:
> > The missing spaces are all there in the master copy of the World English
> > Bible at http://eBible.org/web/. Therefore, you are seeing a bug in
> > MacSword, either with the way they made the module or the program
> > itself. I think a new Mac version is under construction. I don't know if
> > you can find it at http://crosswire.org, yet, or not, but it might be
> > worth looking.
>
> I see this bug with BibleTime and diatheke also, starting from Genesis
> 1. It is surely in the text, not in the frontends.

There is a bug in osis2mod version 1.5.9; it remove line-feed and
carriage-return in OSIS file without putting any space instead. If there is
a line-feed inside a verse; the last word of a line is glued with the first
word of the next line; exactly as you noticed.

I just downloaded the OSIS file at http://eBible.org/web/ and there is a lot
of line-feed inside verses. This file can not be processed with osis2mod
1.5.9. This bug is solved in 1.5.10.

Read:
http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/sword-devel/2007-May/025394.html
http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/sword-devel/2007-December/026396.html