[sword-devel] LocaleMgr question

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at web.de
Fri Mar 21 08:17:04 MST 2008

Hi.

There is a problem with loading the correct locale in MacSword. This
is how it is done:
(I need to point out that MacSword has the "locale.d" folder with all
available locales in the Application bundle, means it is part of the
application and it is not using the default locales in ~/.sword.)

1. getting the default system localemgr
2. checking the supported languages by the OS and looping over
available locales in locale.d (in the bundle) until one is found. utf8
is prefered if exists.
3. setting a found locale with setDefaultLocaleName(<locale name>)

However this doesn't work.

If I do a getLocale(<locale name>) NULL is returned.
I think that probably is why the default system localemgr is not
looking at the locale.d folder of the bundle and thus can't find the
locale.
How can localemgr be forced to use the locale file in the bundle?

Another question is which string encoding is prefered for <locale name>?

Regards,
Manfred