[sword-devel] Piracy ........

jhphx jhphx at cox.net
Wed Mar 19 10:00:57 MST 2008

Barry Drake wrote:
> I've just responded to a Sword Support message about an outfit called CD
> Earth wanting to charge $15 for Sword Software.  The site referred to is
> at: http://www.cdearth.com/bible-software.htm

That site is also redirected to from FREESOFTWARECD.NET. When I try
either one I am offered a "free" cd for a small S&H fee. It seems to be
a software club much like records clubs from years ago. I don't see
anything wrong with that as long as the GPL is followed and the modules
rights are not violated. I assume that getting a message on Sword
Support implies something wrong. I assume they don't provide support.
Off the top of my head I don't know how the support issue is handled in
the GPL or what can be done about it.

Jerry