[sword-devel] Symbian

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 21:01:36 MST 2008

Jonatas (pardon the missing accent, I don't have that key on my keyboard),

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 10:02 PM, Jónatas Ferreira <jonatas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I see that there are a lot of handheld frontends for sword, however I
>  can't find any for the Symbian OS. Is there a strong reason why?
>  Could it be done?

If there is a stanards-compliant C/C++ compiler set for Symbian with
which Sword can be compiled, then this could very likely be done.  The
reason why not is probably because none of the developers for Sword
have Symbian handhelds and thus haven't bothered to put the time into
it.  You'd have to find someone with either the knowledge of Symbian
OS or at least of programming and able to put the time and effort into
that.

--Greg