[sword-devel] Future MacSword

Nathan Youngman junkmail at nathany.com
Mon Mar 17 09:00:34 MST 2008

Hi Manfred,

Nice to meet you. :-)

Your wrapper will go a long way towards supporting both Tiger and the
iPhone SDK, I'm sure. From peering at the source code, I noticed the
Java
version of Lucene being used, which won't port to the iPhone either.

Sword uses OSIS and other XML formats internally? Indexing with
SQLite seems like a good idea to me, but I don't have a good grasp
of the architecture yet. When I worked for a library automation company
I learned some basics of making a searchable catalog with a database.

I have been doing RoR for a year or so now, and if we could transfer
the domain back over to me, I could definitely look at updating or even
redesigning the web site. I will have to try to get in touch with Will.

- nathan.

On 17-Mar-08, at 4:11 AM, Manfred Bergmann wrote:

> Hi Nathan.
>
> Good to hear from you.
> Your name appears on many of the source files in MacSword. :)
>
> Finally I pulled out all the Objective-C 2.0 stuff of the Sword
> wrapper. This way it is more widely useable.
> Also I put everything in a framework so there is only one codebase and
> it can be used on different projects.
>
> Unfortunately I don't have access to the website sources and currently
> there is no maintainer.
> I don't actually know who the maintainer was. There is quite a need to
> maintain the website because many people are still download the old
> 1.2.1 release and then post here to get support because the version
> doesn't work on Leopard and has quite a couple of bugs.
>
> What are you doing then. If I look at your website one could thing you
> are doing the RoR thing.
>

> Regards,
> Manfred

---