[sword-devel] Future MacSword

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 11 14:46:11 MST 2008

Hi DM.

Mac Users should be used to that all of a sudden some software support
is just canceled.
Just kidding. :)
But still, I think they are used to such things more than Windows or
Linux or even Java users.
Apple sometimes is very restrictive and makes hard cuts themselfes.

But you are right, having support for the last two major OS releases
would be good.

Maybe we can have it like this:

- MacSword 1.2.1 for Jaguar, Pather, Sword 1.5.8
This version will not be changed any longer.

- MacSword 1.3.x for Pather, Tiger, Leopard, Sword 1.5.10
Critical bugs will be fixed.
Creating a bundle with default modules.

- MacSword 1.4 for Tiger, Leopard, Sword 1.5.10 and above
Backport of Sword backend changes from Eloquent to MacSword.
Integration of Module Installer.
This would imply though that Module Installer would need to have the
Objective-C 2.0 stuff removed.
But after looking into Objective-C 2.0 I think it does not have so
many enhancements that it justifies abandoning Tiger users.
I think I will look into doing that.

Regards,
Manfred