[sword-devel] Future MacSword

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 11 10:37:39 MST 2008

Hi.

Although MacSword is quite old and it would be more than time for
something new I found that it will still take a good amount of time
until something usable is there that can replace MacSword.
I'm the only one developing in this area ATM and was quite busy with
my daily work the last months/weeks, so it hasn't gotten as far as I
would have liked it.

I have put many hours of work into refactoring the Sword Objective-C
Backend (coming from MacSword) and in a module installer that is now
in Eloquent (btw: a new version has been released with some
enhancements).
My thinking was that until something new is there I would branch
MacSword and backport the backend and the module installer into
MacSword. The UI would stay the same and it would be a Leopard only
application.
IIRC the majority of users that had questions about MacSword actually
were using Leopard.

Altough the UI of MacSword is hardly usable in iPhone, having
something Leopard compatible or Leopard only would ease the port to
iPhone tremendously.

What are your thoughts about this?

Regards,
Manfred