[sword-devel] iPhone SDK

Jon Brisbin jon at jbrisbin.com
Thu Mar 6 16:01:53 MST 2008

On Mar 6, 2008, at 4:25 PM, Chris Little wrote:

> Just FYI, the (beta) SDK is free, but using it requires an Intel Mac
> running Leopard. And to release apps, you have to pay $99 to Apple,
> since they're the gatekeepers.

$99/year, I hear, for a special iPhone developer's subscription.

I'm sure some in the OpenSource community will yell and stomp their
feet at that, but I can kind of understand making it marginally
difficult to allow people to put your app on their phone. After all,
complete openness is what causes viruses.

And "free" isn't ever FREE unless it's the Grace of Jesus. ;) Somebody
pays the hosting bills for all those OpenSource websites where their
"free" software is posted...

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin
http://jbrisbin.com