[sword-devel] Cross-references module

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Jun 23 09:42:18 MST 2008

Manfred,

You can get all the xrefs from an entry by grabbing the note type xref
entry attributes.  Have a look at sword/examples/cmdline/lookup.cpp  Run
it on the ESV like this:

./lookup ESV jn1.1

it dynamically iterates the entry attributes. You'll see how the xrefs
are stored.  Once you know what attributes you want, you don't have to
use the dynamic code, it's easier to just use something like:

SWBuf fnNumber;
int i = 1;
while (true) {
   fnNumber.setFormatted("%d", i);
   SWBuf type = module->getEntryAttributes()["Footnote"][fnNumber]["type"];
   if (!type.length()) break;
   if (type == "crossReference") {
     SWBuf refList =
module->getEntryAttributes()["Footnote"][fnNumber]["refList"];
   }
}

That should do it.  You might have to add a little more error checking,
in case no footnotes at all exist for an entry, but should give you what
you want.

Hope this helps,

	-Troy.