[sword-devel] GerAugustinus

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 06:10:43 MST 2008

On Jun 20, 2008, at 8:41 AM, Chris Little wrote:

> The About field actually has to be RTF (\u####?-style). State your
> case
> to Troy if you want this to change, but it doesn't make much sense
> to me
> that we should want to include RTF markup and UTF-8 character encoding
> (which isn't permitted in RTF) in the same field.

I may have misunderstood, but I understood that Troy already spoke on
this saying that SWORD allowed UTF-8 in RTF as an extension (I think
this was also stated on the old Module Making page) and that the
encoding of the conf had to match the encoding of the module.
Certainly \u#####? is ASCII, so it is valid in all encodings.

According to the Wiki, both are allowed in RTF but UTF-8 is preferred.
Granted, I authored this, but I was reflecting what I thought I
understood.

We already have a bunch of release modules with UTF-8 in the conf's
About field. And more coming in beta.

-- DM