[sword-devel] Beta module TurNTB, modern Turkish NT?

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Jun 19 00:29:14 MST 2008

Hi Peter,

Which file format were the files as used for making the original SWORD
module?

The files I received directly by email from the brother in Turkey are for
the NT only, and are in RTF format. I was assured that these are the most up
to date text.

They are very concerned that any distributed copies of the translation
should use the most up to date text.  They cited an instance where a kind
volunteer had audio recorded the whole NT, but based on the out of date one,
such that they could not make use of it, and so a lot of precious time had
been spent to no avail. This is a general lesson for all concerned.  Always
check that one has the most up to date text from the copyright holders for
any modern translation.

The RTF files contain several instances of * (asterisk) in odd places. I
think these may have been an artefact of their own conversion from another
format. I have not seen any OSIS files, though I did not enquire if they
also had the text in this format.

I had already made the Turkish NT Go Bible mobile phone application before
my own brief visit to Turkey at the end of February this year. I did not
arrange to meet anyone connected with the translation during this trip, as
this was not in the same region.

Let's pursue the details by private email exchange, and come back to the
SWORD Dev forum when we are ready to do so.

Best regards,

David Haslam