[sword-devel] Bibles in Beta

Sebastien Koechlin seb.sword at koocotte.org
Mon Jun 16 13:35:54 MST 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 08:43:38PM +0100, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
> a) having a raw text repository where the texts are kept in some import
> format (OSIS, ThML, whatever) under version control
> b) with named module owner(s) and contributor(s) -
> c) with some form of automated build mechanism which could create the
> modules in all the various formats we require (dmg, winzip, zip and raw)
> d) have a discussion what constitutes "good enough" for a release and
> what is good enough for a beta + implement two finished module
> repositories - "public" and "beta" similar to now, but let the module
> owners decide when they are "there"
> e) work with each module towards increasing compliance with a) textual
> correctness/completeness and b) maximalised features

I think it's a very good idea. As a module maintainer (FreJND), I'm on the
list for more than a year. I submited a module on January 1st, and it's
still not in the beta repository. I asked friends to review it, but as it is
still not in beta, they can not install and test it. I saw on the wiki beta
module page (in the history), a comment about conf file not in UTF-8, and I
suppose it's not the last version I submited (Version=1.15), someone may be
working on an obsolet version.

I have other texts I would like to submit, but I need to have feedback on
the first, before working on it.

When FreJND will be in beta, I don't know how I will be able to make
corrections.

As everybody I think, I'm working on my spare time. There is a lot of work
to do, on the library, on front-end, on texts; so it must be delegated as
possible.

--
Sébastien Koechlin