[sword-devel] Debian/Ubuntu packages?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 23:04:22 MST 2008

Has anyone put together an updated Debian/Ubuntu package?  I just
installed Ubuntu 8.04 yesterday, and the latest version of sword that
is available to me is 1.5.9.  Being that I'm a fan of Linux use and
now have a desktop with enough hard drive space to placate, I am
willing to contribute to building them, if we need to.  Finding out
how to get them into the official distribution lists is a bit beyond
my ken at the moment, but I can tackle that, too, if we need to.  What
is the status of builds for the other distros, as well?  I can
conceivably work with almost all of the majorly available distros, as
I have about 1.5 TB of space on this machine.

--Greg