[sword-devel] EarlyFathers Genbook

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 06:25:41 MST 2008

On Jun 7, 2008, at 9:52 PM, Brian J. Dumont wrote:

> We should really be careful here.  These volumes seem to contain both
> orthodox and non-orthodox documents; including a number of heretical
> texts: see in particular volume 8.  I haven't delved into these texts,
> but a number of them are certainly questionable.  Should the document
> have some sort of disclaimer?

IMHO:
It should not be labelled as unorthodox. It is a tome for scholars. I
found it invaluable as a seminarian many years ago. To a large degree,
the ability to think critically is missing in today's church. If we
get into labeling this work, perhaps we should label all:

Scripture is all sufficient, leading us into all truth.

What we are taught, what we hear, what we read and what we experience
must be measured by it.

Be a skeptic, like the noble Bereans, who searched the scriptures
diligently to see if what they heard was true. (see Acts 17:11)

In Him,
	DM Smith