[sword-devel] BPBible 0.3

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 21:47:27 MST 2008

Hi Daniel,

Building the bindings is essential - it's what lets Python talk to the C++
sword library.
The problem here is that you haven't got the auto tools.

There was a configure script shipped with the release. It should be in the
bindings/swig/package directory.
I'm not sure what the ISO looks like though. If you can't find the configure
script, I can send it to you.
I'm pretty sure that sword-svn will be the wrong folder to look in, as it
won't have the generated configure script.

Once found, it should be as simple as (from the package directory)
./configure --with-sword-dir=/usr/include/sword
make pythonswig
make python_make
cd python
python setup.py install

However, don't be surprised if that doesn't work exactly :)

The process is deatiled at
http://code.google.com/p/bpbible/wiki/RunningBPBible

God Bless,
Ben
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness,
but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish,
but that all should reach repentance.
2 Peter 3:9 (ESV)