[sword-devel] BPBible 0.3

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 19:50:00 MST 2008

Hi all,

I've just released BPBible 0.3, which adds many more features.
It also has a new website, with forums and screenshots at http://bpbible.com

New features (more details at http://bpbible.com/node/22):
Header bar - This is a feature unique to BPBible. It is a bar at the top of
the bible window which has all the surrounding chapters on it for easy
access. It also allows you to view an overview of each chapter. This is
easier to try to see than to describe. There is a screenshot of it here:
http://bpbible.com/node/17

Book Installation
- I've added book installation for downloaded books. InstallMgr support is
not here yet...

Search improvements:
- Highlighting of search terms in results
- New search operator (a, b) which does matches a or b.

Unicode support
- BPBible now should handle all unicode properly - searching may not be very
smart, though (no stemming, accents removal, ...)

Daily Devotional support
Parallel display in the verse compare frame.
Dictionary speed-ups - doesn't load the whole list at the start.
Filter modules by name

BPBible also uses a new locale, which gives nicer references than the
traditional ones
I Samuel -> 1 Samuel
II Samuel -> 2 Samuel
III John -> 3 John
Revelation of John -> Revelation
It now interprets Jud as Judges, instead of Jude. This means references in
the TSK to judges will now work properly.

I decided not to include Sword built with ICU support in this release
(although BPBible does support it), as it seems much too buggy and crashes
far too much.

A PortableApps version will probably land later today.

God Bless,
Ben
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness,
but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish,
but that all should reach repentance.
2 Peter 3:9 (ESV)