[sword-devel] osis2mod "verse not well formed" messages

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 24 06:26:46 MST 2008

Daniel Owens wrote:
> I am working on a module, and I keep getting the "verse not well
> formed" message, and after awhile of staring at what I know to be
> valid OSIS I begin to wonder if osis2mod likes to cry wolf. ;)
>
> Seriously, though, is there a way to know what osis2mod is tripping
> over? Do the numbers at the end have any meaning? For example,
>
>     Warning verse Rom.3.18 is not well formed:(8,6)
>
> Does the information after the colon have any significance that can
> help me work out what in the world osis2mod is complaining about?
>
> I am using sword 1.5.11, by the way.
I presume that you file is well-formed XML and valid OSIS. That is not
what this warning is about.

When ever it complains that a particular verse, in isolation, is not
well formed, it is saying that the verse has a begin tag without a
matching end tag or an end tag without a corresponding being tag.

This warning serves to indicate that the verse will have problems
displaying in some front-ends.

If you can provide me, privately if needed, with the text  to Rom 3,
I'll be able to pinpoint it.

We have identified a bunch of changes to osis2mod and I think one of
them will make this warning go away.

In Him,
    DM