[sword-devel] Quotation mark, non-English usage?

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Wed Jul 23 08:54:47 MST 2008

David Haslam <d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk> writes:
> Is this supported by any of the Sword front-ends?

GnomeSword does not.

I would expect only that any given module should be encoded using
whatever quotation scheme is suitable to its language.  I certainly
don't expect the front ends to perform dynamic substitution of
quotations on a per-locale basis.  I also expect that translators of GS'
interface strings would use whatever quotation mark scheme they feel is
needed, if the question ever arises at all -- which I somewhat doubt.

I just checked the standard French texts in the Crosswire repos, of
which only FreCrampon seems to use quotation marks at all, and it uses
the expected «...» version.