[sword-devel] engine profiling

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue Jul 22 16:55:57 MST 2008

SonWon wrote:
> where do I find the options for mod2zmod?  I tried here,
> /www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/idx.jsp
>
> I am wondering if it builds an index that points directly to the chapter?

As with all of our utilities, you can get the command line syntax by
running the utility with no arguments.

The rule for which compression setting to use is roughly:
For documents smaller than 10-15mb (assuming a complete, OT+NT text), we
usually use book-level compression. That covers almost all Bibles and
many commentaries.

For documents larger than that, we use chapter compression. That covers
medium to large commentaries and extremely large Bibles.

For LD modules, I don't think we have ever used anything other than the
default 200-entry block compression. And GenBooks don't yet support
compression.

--Chris