[sword-devel] SwordReader Feature List

jonathon jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 12:21:34 MST 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 7:06 AM, Albert L. Sites, Sr. wrote:

> Are there people with no vision that use Windows Mobile?

I thought the PDA that my housemate uses ran Windows Mobile, but I've
just been informed that it uses Windows CE.

> Any cell phones they use are simple ones.

How "simple' the cell phone that is used, depends upon the speech
engine it has.  (My housemate uses the GPS in the cell phone to tell
drivers where they should have turned.)

> The screen readers would also have problems directing them where to tap the touch screen.

This gets into a11y design.  I don't know how it is done, but I've
seen touchscreens that can be used with people with no vision, with no
issues.  (Next time I see one of those being used, I'll take a look at
the screen changes, to figure out what/how it is done.)

xan

jonathon