[sword-devel] Migrating to the eVC 4.0 Environment

SonWon sonwon.1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 16:13:35 MST 2008

Barry Drake wrote:
> Hi there ........
>
> SonWon wrote:
>
>> The project files are different between EVC3 and EVC4 so I don't
>> understand how EVC4 developers could build with EVC3 code?  The source
>> files are not the problem the problem is with the EVC4 project files.
>>

> We already HAVE two different project files within the SwordReader
> project: one for is eVC3 and one for is for VC2005: those two project
> files do not constitute a fork.
I'm confused again then.  I only see one SwRd.vcw, where is the VS2005
file or is the name different?

If I create a new EVC4 project how do the source files get merged?

Or are you saying create an EVC4 project in swordreader/src with a
different name but import all of the current src files I need for an
EVC4 project?  Just make sure I give it a new project name, not SwRd,
maybe like SwRdEVC4.  Then EVC3 and EVC4 will share the same src files.

On a side question but related, what is VC2005 used for, can you compile
Mobile projects with VS2005?

And thank you for all the answers.

>  Let's have a third project file - eVC4.
>   Save your eVC4 file in addition to what we have already.  It won't
> make a fork.  And if (as they will eventually) the eVC3 project files
> become redundant, then feel free to delete them!!!  (only do as I do,
> save them on your backup just in case anyone complains!!!!).  They will
> be here anyhow in a subversion of our svn, so why worry???
>
> God bless,
> Barry
>
> -- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
> Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
> our church homepages).
>
> Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com

SonWon

I choose God and all that my choice entails in this life even unto death and look forward to the new life that will come.