[sword-devel] SwordReader Feature List

SonWon sonwon.1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 19:35:46 MST 2008

Okay, I couldn't wait so I put together a feature list.  Not well
documented but a list.  Three sections, Features for The Next Release,
Bugs Needing Attention, and Future Features.  The list is by no means
complete nor are all of the features in the correct section or even
order of importances.  Let me know if a feature needs to be in a
different section and what to add to the list or remove.

Features for The Next Release:

   1.

      Switch to different Bible versions

   2.

      Usable Search

   3.

      Division between Old and New Testament in Book selection screen,
      what to do with Apocryphal books?

   4.

      Faster rendering

   5.

      Copy/Paste text

   6.

      back button on navigation screens

   7.

      Chapter and verse selection over 100 not reseting selection screen

   8.

      Default settings

   9.

      Verse history, backward and forward like a browser

  10.

      scroll beyond chapter moves to previous/next chapter

  11.

Bugs Needing Attention:

   1.

      Search is painfully slow.

   2.

      Page up or down scrolls to far.

   3.

      Screen orientation changes

   4.

      Stop scrolling on last verse

   5.

Future Features:

   1.

      Bookmarks

   2.

      Strong's number search

   3.

      Search for two words with whatever between a fixed number of words

   4.

      Tab control for main Bible reader window for multiple text

   5.

      split screen

   6.

      pop-up scrollbar

   7.

      Advance menubar

   8.

--
SonWon

I choose God and all that my choice entails in this life even unto death and look forward to the new life that will come.