[sword-devel] KJV Ref List

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 10:10:54 MST 2008

Maybe someone has already done this, but I'm trying to extract an
exhaustive list of all the osisID values in the KJV's original OSIS
files so I can test it against my current output.  I figured that XSL
was the prime method to do this.  So I wrote this, very basic, XSLT:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

  <xsl:template match="*|text()">
    <xsl:apply-templates select="*" />
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="verse">
    <xsl:value-of select="@osisID" /><xsl:text>
    </xsl:text>
  </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

My head tells me this should produce every verse element's osisID
value, listed one-per-line.  However, when I run this through
xsltproc, I get no output at all.  When I run it with the --verbose
command, sure enough, it tells me that it found three templates (one
for *, one for text() and one for verse) and then it will come across
a verse element and process it using the *|text() template.

Clearly I have done something hideously wrong in the above, or there
is the most basic bug in my version of xsltproc.  Anyone see my error
or have a ready-made file with the data I'm looking for in it?

--Greg