[sword-devel] Den Norsk Bibelen - possible digitization artefacts (-)

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Jul 12 11:07:44 MST 2008

I have just discovered that there are 1286 occurrences of the token (-) in
the text of the Norwegian Bible module Den Norsk Bibelen.

I suspect that these are artefacts of a file format conversion performed
since the original digitization.
I wonder whether they should all be replaced by the codepoint for an ndash
or an mdash, or even a horizontal bar ?

If someone has access to a printed copy of Den Norsk Bibelen (1906 / 1930),
perhaps they could advise what these should be?

cf. The text of the Unbound Bible project file for Det Norsk Bibelselskap
(1930) just has a hyphen in these places.

-- David